Powered by Blogger.






Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tutorial - Beautify A Boxy T-Shirt With Lace

    One of my favorite things to do is to recycle and upcycle clothing to make something useful out of them or beautify them as I did with this shirt.

    I had this aqua t-shirt for my daughter but it was too boxy and not quite girly enough so something had to be done:)

    I had this beautiful remnant of delicate lace and gathered it along the top edge (ideally you want to have about twice the length of lace as the neckline is wide):


    I cut my t-shirt's neckline off:





    Pinned the lace to the front (if you have enough lace you could go all around):




    I sewed the lace on with a slight zigzag stitch AND sewed elastic thread all around the neckline to give it some "peasant" style:




    Not enough yet! I also cut off the sleeve edges:




    And sewed elastic thread along the unfinished egdes. Unfinished edges are in right now:)




    That's my daughter's t-shirt now!





    What'cha think?


    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/05/tutorial-beautify-boxy-t-shirt-with.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers