Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Copyright, Anyone?


    There, I said it! Copyright! The little "C" in a circle! You know what I mean! Everybody seems to put that little C into their name or onto their pattern to protect what you worked so hard for. It happens! It happened to me, it happened to the rest of us AND it happens to the big designers! Everybody seems to get "inspired" by someone else.

    Really? Can it not be that two brains exactly think alike?

    A few months back I ran into this misery where I was accused of stealing a design from someone. I thought to myself, or maybe just maybe (!) that particular design has been out there already?!?!? For a long time and now someone comes forward and says "you stole it from me"?

    Now back to what I was actually going to talk about: copyright of a sewing pattern! Is there such thing?

    Amanda, from Stitch To Stitch wrote about this a few weeks back and it fascinated me how she put it. She researched it both from the legal side and from the point of view of the pattern designer. Take a look by clicking HERE! You will also find my comment on her post! Then there is the issue about 'licensing' which 'allows' the buyer to sell things made from a particular pattern. Read up more HERE! Follow her blog to stay in the know!

    If you are still unsure about all that, the internet provides a fantastic pool of knowledge! You'll find the laws, the do's and don'ts to guide you as a shop owner the right way.

    If you agree OR disagree please leave a comment! We would love to read what you think!

    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/05/copyright-anyone.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers