Powered by Blogger.






Saturday, August 14, 2010

Inspire....

    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom
    bedroom


    I am currently giving my bedroom a makeover and am in the midst of decorating it
    This is my kind of online moodboard that i had made up of pictures that will inspire my new room
    My colour scheme is candy colours- pinks, peaches,creams blues
    Really light and with a really Strong vintage feel
    All my furniture will be distressed off white/cream french-style
    I have my wallpaper up and my carpet down
    So I'm half way there really
    I just have to get my furniture and accessories
    I want it to be, pardon the cliched phrase but 'shabby chic'
    I want it to be homely and filled with all the things i love
    Sort of like organised chaos!
    I want it to feel warm and homely all year round


    I have just been reading an interview with Max and Lubov Azria in the September issue of Marie Claire
    It's from the interiors section where the magazine shows you around someones home
    There house looks beautiful
    Really modern but so comfortable too and it really shows them off as people
    I really loved what Lubov says when asked how she turned a Hollywood Mansion into a family home
    Lubov answered-
    "I don't think anybody could be nervous in this house; smiles Lubov.
    "That's not who we are.  I think that the house is like a dog.  After a while, it shows the character of the people who occupy it". 

    I love that, it's exactly what i want for my room
    I want people to see who i am when they look at it and it to reflect me
    I can't wait till' it's finished
    when it's all done I will do a post showing you it all!

    Are any of you doing room makeovers just now?
    Let me know if you have any ideas for accessorising rooms too?
    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/inspire.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers