Powered by Blogger.






Monday, August 9, 2010

The Clog Incidents....

    hippie


    I had managed to stay away from the whole clog trend nearly all season
    I haven't even really mentioned them here on the blog
    Don't get me wrong it isn't because I am not a fan
    The opposite actually
    It's just I still have the memories (and scars) of wearing clogs when i was little
    You see, I got my first pair of clogs when i was about 7 or 8
    I was so excited i loved them, they were suede and had little flowers embroidered all over them
    I couldn't get enough of them
    But then the more i started to wear them i noticed something strange happened
    If i walked at anything other than a snails pace
    'The clog incident' happens
    That is the name i gave for when you are walking and then out of the blue as you start to gain speed your foot slips and before you know it your foot is half out the clog with your toes clinging onto the wooden sole for dear life!
    This also always seems to happen when you are on a street full of people or alternatively crossing a road
    And then there is also the classic
    'Over on your ankle incident'
    Which kinda does what the name says
    These things in isolation are fine but then you realise that it is near impossible for you to go a day wearing your clogs without one of the above taking place.
    So after that summer of wearing my new clogs and having mighty sore feet, my love for them sort of wore off pretty quickly
    But fast forward about 4 years later
    and the mind does funny things right?
    Because I saw the most beautiful pair of clogs and for some reason i forgot all about the pain they had put me through a few years earlier and i just saw the prettiest shiny pink clogs (remember i was only like 12)
    Although it didn't take long for my memory to come back as soon as i started to wear them and
    the blisters, cuts and bruised feet appeared soon enough!
    So that is why when i have saw shelves upon shelves of beautiful clogs this summer
    I had to remind myself of the 'incidents'
    That was relatively easy until i saw these
    I love then
    I think it is the combination of the thick heel with the sherling fur
    It's like you know that shouldn't work together but it somehow does
    I have been trying to convince myself that because this clog has a higher heel than the ones i wore
    That the incidents won't occur
    Even though we all know they will except this time from a higher height meaning even worse swollen ankles
    Why, i wonder all of that doesn't put me off?
    Although the price of £78 should keep me away from them for a little while longer
    But i have to be honest if any clog is going to tempt me i am sure it will be this one
    Better get my blister plasters at the ready!
    What do you think, are you a fan of the clog trend?
    Clogs from Office £78


    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/clog-incidents.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers