Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Topshop + Designers S/S 2010




    Image Number 1-Jonathan Saunders+Topshop-In shops January 20, 2010
    Image Number 2,3-Ann Sofie Back + Topshop-In shops January 6, 2010.
    Images Number 4,5,6-Ashish + Topshop-In shops February 3, 2010
    So, here are some previews of the new S/S 10 collections at Topshop
    I am always such a fan of Topshops designer collaborations
    I think that they always have a great range of talented designers
    Whether they be well known of just out of fashion school
    I always feel like when a designer does a collection with Topshop its just like a mini version of their main line but with a nod to Topshops history too
    They always make the collection that bit younger and give it a twist
    Whereas when other high street shops do collabs with designers i sometimes feel like they go for much bigger designers but don't really put as much thought into what the actual collection looks like
    They think that the fact that the designer is so well known that the collection doesn't have to be as unique or innovative as the name will sell the clothes on it's own, if you know what I mean.
    Anyway, I think these previews look really interesting
    I am the biggest fan of Ashish's main line so I am always so interested to see what the Topshop collections look like
    And for me Ashish doesn't disappoint
    I think the use of the spikes/studs on the jersey is great
    I love the way that he is taking elements of sports/casual wear and making it onto something luxurious but still appropriate for a high street shop
    Also I think those wedges are just immense
    I love them
    it's going to be like the whole leopard print wedge from last season all over again!
    Also I think Ann Sofie Back's collection looks great too
    It's interesting to see how the ripped/shredded trend is moving on and evolving from last season
    I am such a fan of Jonathan Saunders as well
    And although there isn't much to go on yet
    I love the basic chic feel to the few previewed pieces
    I always love his maxi dresses he does for Topshop too
    And it looks like this season will be no different as the black one looks fab
    So what do you think of these new collections for Topshop?
    Do you have a favourite?
    And I'm interested to hear what your take is on designers and High street shops collaborating
    Do you like them (and buy them)
    Or do you think some of them are all hype and no substance?
    Let me know!
    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/topshop-designers-ss-2010.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers