Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The re-Invention Of River Island




    These are some of my favourite looks from River Island S/S 2010 lookbook
    I have to confess bar a few purchases from the store when i was a lot younger
    I've never really been an avid follower of River Island
    Over the past few seasons though I've been noticing a lot of changes within the store
    First off is the collaborations with the fashion graduates which i have loved and I think its great that they have kinda let the students have free reign and really make some directional pieces that you wouldn't normally find in a high street store.
    Also River Island own collections have been changing i think too
    Instead of the more glitter/studs/chains variety of garments you used to find a few years ago in it
    I think they are actually producing very trend led pieces
    Maybe it's the influences of working with all these new talents straight out of design school but I really feel like River Island is evolving
    And it has just proved my point with this new collection
    I really like the feminine feel of the clothes
    But still keeping the whole grunge feel to the pieces whether it be the styling or the garments themselves
    The jumper in the third picture down is one of my must have pieces for the summer
    I can't wait to get my hands on it
    The boots in the first image are like the exact ones I've been wanting too
    And the fourth picture down looks like a street style snap from Glastonbury
    with the boho chic thing going on!
    So my advice is if you have been turned off River Island in the past
    Give it another go as you might be surprised at the gems you might find
    Let me know what you think of the collection
    And check out the site here
    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/re-invention-of-river-island.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers