Powered by Blogger.






Friday, January 15, 2010

Interview With Anna Wolf

    So, for my third interview for this blog I chose Anna Wolf. Anna is a photographer that has shot many high profile campaigns, editorials and lookbooks. I wanted to interview someone who saw the fashion world from a different view. I think photography is such a massive part of the fashion industry and i think it's sometimes forgotten that all of these photographers help sell us the clothes or the perfume of the make-up, to me being a good photographer means to be able to see beauty in the ordinary and to translate that to us. Which is what i think Anna does. I hope that by reading this interview you find out a little bit more about the person behind the lens and that you are inspired by her honesty and creativity. And in the words of the lady herself when in doubt "Just Shoot".
    To see Anna's work click here
    And to read my past interviews click here and here


    Anna Wolf Interview
    Photograph by Anna Wolf
    INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
    1. When was the first time you realised you wanted to be a photographer? Was there a defining moment that made you think this is what I want to do?
    I had been at San Francisco State for 2 years, and was taking photo classes and doing undergrad stuff. One day towards the end of the semester, our instructor brought in a film that he had made. The film was really bad (I feel terrible saying that), and I thought, this is who is teaching me... and I knew at that moment I had to leave.
    Everyone at that school had always talked about going to art school like it was this impossibly far away thing. I was totally scared but I applied to Art Center College of Design the following semester, packed up and moved to LA.

    2. You've worked with so many different, varied brands and people, which shows just how versatile your work is. Is there anyone that you really want to work with, but haven't had the chance yet, such as a designer, model, brand etc?
    I love that magazine Departamento, and have been really wanting to shoot for them for a while now. Love the designer Roanne Adams. And would do anything to shoot a lookbook for Lyell. On the more commercial end, I'm dying to shoot for Aerie, Anthropology, JCrew or anything that will take me to a tropical place :)
    3. You spent a year living in Mexico, what was that like and do you think travelling and exploring helps you inspiration wise?
    Mexico was super inspiring but not really in the making art kind of way. When I was there I was so stressed and consumed with just learning the language, so I didn't have a ton of mental and emotional energy to be creative. I also felt completely alone there, in a way that I've never felt before. But there was something so magical, frightening and exciting about that. I think traveling and exploring can be incredibly inspiring though. When I'm in New York, I get so caught up in the day to day, and I do need to leave every once in a while to remember what its like to see stars and hear nature. I need that or I go crazy.
    4. Out of all the work you've done what has been your most enjoyable experience?
    One of my favorite jobs was shooting for Urban Outfitters. We started in Philly and went to Canon Beach and Mt. Hood in Oregon. We had long shoot days but we spent the nights eating, drinking and hanging out in hot tubs. We even had a bon fire one night on the beach. I met my current boyfriend on that shoot, and I haven't had a shoot quite as fun as that one.
    5. Do you have any hints or tips for all us amateur photographers out there to help us take the best picture possible? I have just gotten to grips with making sure my thumb isn't' over the lens, so all help would be welcome!
    Trust yourself and don't give yourself a hard time. If you're ever unsure of what the next step should be, or if you get down on yourself, just shoot. Always shoot.
    AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME WHAT IS YOUR........
    1. Worst fear- That the phone won't ring
    2. Favourite Country- Argentina.
    3. Best piece of advice- work hard and don't quit.
    4. Favourite album/song- Right now it's Timber Timbre
    5. If you could have any character from a movie be your best friend, who would it be? Will Farrell in Elf (or really, any of his movies. he makes me so happy)

    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-with-anna-wolf.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers