Powered by Blogger.






Monday, March 28, 2011

woke up late? that's okay, just wear more!!!!

    I woke up late this morning, and was like! AHHH NO TIME TO LOOK PRETTY!!!the question for everyone is, how can you take that situation and still pull off a cute look that seems like you put some time into it?

    THE KEY IS LAYERING!!I mean it may only work during the fall/winter time...but even though it is spring....it feels like fall. SO this trick will do for at least a good month! come to think of it, the whole concept of layering is great for seasonal transitions.......hm.....
    K back to layering.. what I mean by that is...

    for a professional look:  wear a sheer shirt then wear an opened up sheer blouse/dress shirt then wrap a silk scarf around your neck and top that off with a trench jacket or blazer. This is better than just wearing a dress shirt and pants. It actually will feel more comfortable since you will have a cotton shirt on first before you have your structured dress shirt. If you don't have a scarf then spice it up by wearing a shirt that is colorful. If you always wear neutrals, then one day just take a coral sheer shirt (maybe from club monaco) and then a white crisp dress shirt then a beige or grey blazer! and the real cherry on top would be to add a floral scarf! Can you envision this? TRY IT! I swear it will work!

    for more of a casual look: similar idea as the above, but you can get WAY more creative!!! anything goes when you layer, BUT what will be real HOT this spring is stripes on floral, solid neons with neutrals and even socks with heels. Ya, this spring many opposites will be put together such as, fabric with leather on boots and shoes. Yes, so today I put together real quickly an outfit, that layers a tank top, with a sheer blouse and then a sweater, with sockies that go beyond my fabric/leather boots!

    introducing my doggie, GUS!




     floral tank: talula / sheer blouse: H & M / school girl cardi: Japan / shorts: ZARA / eternity scarf: Japan/ belt and sox: H & M / booties: Aldo / bag: balenciaga


    since you can't see my layering in my outfit, here is a close up! and I had to take a pic of the pattern of my shorts! SO CUTE! and I got these on sale, at ZARA for $15!


    thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear ur thoughts! :)


    "in difficult times fashion is always outrageous" ~ Elsa Schiaparelli



    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/03/woke-up-late-that-okay-just-wear-more.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers