Powered by Blogger.






Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tutorial - Towel Redo With Added Ruffles


    Today I want to share a quick tutorial for an old towel that becomes 2 ruffled guest towels:) I had this super soft but slightly stained towel:
    I trimmed the best 2 pieces out of the towel:
    To make the ruffle, I cut a 4" wide strip of fabric, twice the length of my new towels small end. I folded it over with wrong sides together and pressed it:
    To finish the sides I folded the edge in 1/4" and once again 1/4" and pressed it. Then I sewed it down (repeat with other side):
    To ruffle my fabric strip I set my machine to the longest stitch and my tension to the highest number. This should automatically fabric. This is now my ruffled strip:
    I finished my towels long sides by serging/zigzag stitching the edges, then folded them over 1/4" and pressed them. Then I sewed them down:
    It's time to pin the ruffle to the slim end as shown:
    I sewed the ruffle on with backstitching beginning and end. Then I serged the raw edge (you can also zigzag stitch it).
    Then, last step, I top stitched my towel from the right side close to where the fabric meets the towel:
    Repeat with other small end of towel, make 2, then you're done!:)

    What do you think?
    LinkSource URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/07/tutorial-towel-redo-with-added-ruffles.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers