Powered by Blogger.






Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Upcycle Tutorial - Lengthen Pants


    Upcycle, reuse........those are all very valuable things to do! Especially when it comes to our girls clothing! I contstantly fix, embellish and upcycle my daughter's clothes!
    This tutorial was originally posted Oct.09 but it's still one of my favorites!


    Here is an easy way to make "high water" pants into well fitting pants!


    Here we go:



    My little girl had these wonderfully comfy velour pants that fit her in the waist still perfectly but the inseam was way to short. I thought I could prolong the life of them a bit by adding a border and make them to match shirt I made

    I cut the bottom hems off

    From the fabric of the top I cut two pieces which measure just a little more than the leg measures around. I first measured the inseam I needed for her and then determined the total length of the border folded over once. I added about 0.5 inch for seam allowance (1/4" for pants seam and 1/4" for border seam)

    I folded the borders over and pressed them

    I pinned the border to the pants making sure I have the fabric print going in the right direction.

    Also, the border hangs over a bit for seam allowance



    Now sew in place with a seam allowance of 1/4 inch and sew the border closed on the side as well. Serge/overcasted the raw edges.

    Turned them down and top stitched - done!

    Now my daughter can enjoy these comfy and now stylish pants with her new top!

    Comments welcome!

    To find more tutorials please go HERE!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    To find Whimsy Couture sewing patterns (50% off sale ends Tuesday, Sept.6) please go HERE!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Every Wednesday you can link up your crafts on our LET'S SEW linky! Sign up to our blog updates via email to get the scoop!

    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/08/upcycle-tutorial-lengthen-pants.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers