Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sewing For Back To School - Ruffled Upcycle: A Cute Jumper Gets A Makeover

    Yes, it's that time again and school will start soon! In some parts it may have already so hurry to get your girls wardrobe ready! :)

    I purchased this adorable but pretty generic jumper at Goodwill for $2.00! Today I have a little tutorial for you on how to upcycle it a bit to make it just so pretty!
    First I wanted to cover up the embroidery to give it some pizazz:

    I pinned several little embellishment to the pocket:

    Sewed them down:

    THEN comes my favorite material!!! Premade ruffle fabric! It's gorgeous for many uses and today I am adding just a small strip to the bottom of my jumper!
    Cut it about 2" longer than the circumference of your jumper (or shirt, dress etc. you get the idea):
    Place it onto your garment and tuck the top edge under:

    Then fold up the top ruffle and pin right under it. Pin it all the way around until you reach the beginning:


    With a straight stitch for denim or other non-stretch material garments sew the material on along the dashed line. Sew all the way around until you reach the beginning and backstitch beginning and end:

    This is how it looks now:


    Tuck the open edges under and top stitch:

    No way! You are done!

    PS: if you like to purchase a small strip of this fabric or yardage, contact me! I stock a few great colors for only $7.50/yd! Use contact form at the bottom of this blog!

    Now let me know how you like this little tutorial!:)Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/08/sewing-for-back-to-school-ruffled.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers