Powered by Blogger.






Saturday, September 24, 2011

Most Wanted Review

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

    Like most girls I love a heel, a court, a platform, a wedge, whatever form it comes in I love them. I ooh and ahh over them and then normally fork out way too much money for them when i just feel like they absolutely must be a part of my life.
    But as much as I would love to be like all those awesome, stylish American bloggers who seem to wear their heels all day everyday and proclaim that they are comfier than their slippers, I'm just not.
     I can't do it or rather my ankles can't.  I am sure i have 'Weak Ankle', yes, you did just read that right i have just coined a new medical term, scientists who are reading this (because you obvz are right?) please feel free to use it anytime you like!
    Basically I can wear heels fine for about an hour to an hour and a half straight and I'm fine. I can walk, stand, even do a light jog if necessary but then 'Weak Ankle' strikes and I buckle, seriously its like my ankles just break under the pressure of holding up my body on these two little sticks of plastic/metal heels, It starts slowly, i do that thing where you nearly go over your ankle but you catch yourself and pretend nothing happened, then you walk a bit further and it happens again but this time you go over it, then when you have righted your self up, your other foot goes so basically you look like this girl in the clip when walking down the street and before you know it you are slap-bang on the ground and trying to style-it out but really just wanting to go home and cry telling your mama what just happened!
    Seriously there was even a now infamous incident that still gets referenced to years later in my family.
    It basically involved me, very high Topshop heels that i had been wearing for two hours too long, a ramp, the musical mamma mia, and someone from my family shouting shes down, shes down in reference to my 'Weak Ankle' tumble in public.  I will leave the rest up to your imagination.

    Anyway because of my now explained history with heels, I like to keep my footwear strictly flat (mostly) for daytime.  So over the past few years I have accumulated quite a collections of low-to -the-ground shoes.
    So when the lovely Fleur from Most Wanted got in touch with me about reviewing a pair of loafers for the site I jumped at the chance to add another pair to my ever growing collection!

    Basically Most Wanted are going to have bloggers, road test some similar products from the high street and decide which one is the best of the bunch.
    So this month its tassel loafers we have to test.
    My loafers are from New Look, they were £19.99 but are now in the sale at £15.99 and you can buy them HERE 

    So first off comfort-
    I have to be honest, I have yet to find a pair of shoes that are comfy for me to wear without plasters for the first few times i wear them, most shoes give me at least two blisters on my heel when i just wear them, and these were  no different, uncomfortable when i first broke them in but after two wears were really comfy.
    These didn't give me blisters but i think that this may have been because i got a bigger size than i am, as any shoes that i have gotten from new look have always been two small and really hurt my feet so i thought if i got the bigger size it may be better which it was. 

    Style- I love a loafer, so this is probably a biased opinion.  I think they are either a style of shoe you love or hate and i really do love them.  The patent gave a nice twist to these though as i have suede ones and the patent does make them feel a lot more fancy.  I haven't ever had a pair of shoes this colour before, they are darker than a tan i would say but much much lighter than a brown maybe more caramel? Either way they go really nice with my jeans. 

    Durability- I have been wearing these out and about and had expected the patent to get a lot more scuffed but there really isn't any noticeable marks at all on them. Also the main thing i wanted to pick up about these were the sole.  It is so thick and substantial, which i don't even have on my ones from ASOS that are very similar to these, so that's a major plus as you would definitely get a lot of wear out of these before you had to get them re-soled/re-heeled /thrown out!

    Price- I think these were a great buy for £19.99 but now that they are only £15.99 i think its a total bargain. 

    Over all i was impressed by the quality of the shoes as i have had some footwear from New Look before that was honestly so painful on my feet i had to give them away as i couldn't wear them, so this was a much improvement on that experience. 
    If you have a slim fitting foot though (which i have) these may be slightly bigger than you'd like as it does say they are a wide-fit. 
    I wouldn't suggest you buy them if you want to wear them straight away as they are a little pinchy on your feet but if you have enough time to break them in then i would suggest you snap them up!
    Oh but before you do check out Most Wanted's site where you can get discount codes/free delivery etc on New Look, so it might be worth a try as i think they have a free deliver on just now actually, might save you a couple of pennies!


    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/most-wanted-review.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers