Powered by Blogger.






Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Company

    I have wanted to write this post for a few months and have never got round to it till now.
    I don't know about you but up until a few months ago I had a pretty clear picture of what i thought Company magazine was like. 
    I had never bought it but i had picked up copies here and there and knew enough about it to know it wasn't for me.
    I LOVE magazines, seriously I read so many but i have to admit i am pretty picky with them. I never went through that stage of reading Bliss or Sugar when i was little, i went straight on to Elle.  I was never interested in problem pages or wanting to know what Boyzones favourite colour was.  I just wanted to read about fashion and even though i was too young to really 'get' what all the big fashion glossy's were going on about, I still loved devouring them and soaking up all the inspiration flying from there pages.
    Don't get me wrong I equally loved celebrity gossip too but I didn't ever appreciate the condescending tone of those 'Teen' magazines, i just went straight for Heat magazine!

    Even as i got older i stuck with the fashion glossy's branching out to little independent titles too but basically i skipped out on that whole genre of 'women' magazines. You know the one's i mean, Cosmo and Company, etc. Its not that there is anything at all wrong with these magazine, it's just that i was never interested in reading those types or things they had in them and dare i use the word 'trashy' but its what i thought (think?) most of them were like.
    So you can imagine my surprise when a few weeks ago as i scanned the shelves of the newsagents for my monthly Marie Claire, a magazine cover jumped out at me it had a white background and the front was so eye-catching, it wasn't even who was on the front, it was the fonts, the deisgn, the colours and the wording (FYI I am a big magazine geek, i write for them, read them that's why i notice things like fonts, i know proper geeky!) It looked amazing, i thought i must have missed the launch of a new magazine or something and then i saw the name COMPANY. To say i was shocked was an understatement, i immediately picked it up and started flicking through it, nothing about it looked the same, I bought it straight away so i could have a better look as my curiosity got the better of me!

    And that is the story of how Company magazine has become one of my favourite magazines. Honestly i am still a little shocked that i am actually even writing that but seriously that first issue and every other issue i have bough since (3, i think) has been really really great. 
    I do not have a clue what happened to the magazine or when it changed from what i thought it was (or maybe it was never like those other magazines in the first place, did i mis-judge it?)
    But i really wanted to do this post on Company in case some of you also still had this idea about it.
    I can confirm that the word 'trashy' couldn't be further from what it is.  I would class it as mainly a fashion magazine with some added extras.  They have amazing clothes (that are affordable and wearable), really great editorials and a really really lovely young and fresh layout which is definitely reminiscent of Nylon but with a more British/high street twist.
    I honestly can't praise it enough other than to say i am really considering a subscription which in my world is the biggest compliment i can give to a magazine,Ha!

    So I would urge you to check Company out this month if you haven't read it for a while, it may just surprise you!
    What do you guys think, do you agree with me about Company's radical makeover and have you changed your views about any magazine you read/used to read?

    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/company.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers