Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grazia Hearts Heathrow






    This is a fashion spread from this weeks Grazia magazine
    This was the first time ever that any magazine has used the new(ish)
    Terminal 5 building at Heathrow Airport.
    And to celebrate that fact there is a little video to go along with the shoot
    Now anyone who reads this blog knows how much i love a little "Behind the scenes" footage
    I love getting to see that bit more
    Getting that insight into how the hair and make-up were done and seeing it all come together
    I think that's why i love the extras on DVDs so much I have always just found it so interesting getting a sneak peak at the things that go into making the bigger picture, you know?
    It's weird sometimes i actually enjoy seeing the backstage catwalk pictures of all the hustle and bustle more than the actual pictures on the runway, i always think that those pictures capture the atmosphere more!
    Anyway, I really like this editorial
    I don't know if its because of the kinda Top Gun feel of the airport or the structured clothing but i get a strong 80's feel from it.
    I think the lighting is really beautiful because of all the glass in the airport
    I love when magazines do something a bit different with their editorials
    And i think using the airport as a backdrop is great
    I would be interested to see if any other magazines follow Grazia's lead and use the Terminal in their editorials
    What do you think?
    Are you a fan of using unusual settings for fashion spreads? 
    Oh and i've given the blog a little mini makeover, just changed the colours and header etc.
    Let me know what you think?
    Source URL: http://dressfashiongirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/grazia-hearts-heathrow.html
    Visit Dress fashion girls for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers